A full-service event and wedding planning company based in Columbia, Missouri
Spring is one of the most beautiful times of the year to get married! Spring brings with it warmer weather and gorgeous blossoming flowers. While flowers for a wedding can be costly, purchasing in-season flowers can help you save money. So as you're deciding on colors and themes for your wedding, take a look at this Spring Wedding Floral Guide to find the perfect Spring flowers for your big day!
Tulips are some of the most popular spring flowers, coming in various colors and flower shapes. Tulips are versatile and look great in bouquets and centerpieces by themselves or mixed in a multi-flower arrangement. Their vibrant color are great for a Spring wedding!
Gerbera daisies are perfect for a spring wedding, blooming in nearly every color! They are very study with their thick, long stems making them great for bouquets.
Peonies only bloom in the spring so this is definitely the right time to get married if you are dreaming of peonies. These flowers are also said to be an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage.
Hydrangeas are a great way to get more for your money with their large blooms and deep color. They're great to use if you want full centerpieces or bouquets and come in many colors from blue and purple and green, to white and pink.
Garden roses are a delicate, medium-sized flower. Unlike traditional roses, garden roses have fuller blooms and create more plentiful bouquets, offering a soft, romantic look.
Brides, get a little insight & advice before you venture off for the day!
1. Set aside the entire day to attend the show. That way you're not rushed and pushed to fight the crowds. Also staying till the end increases your chance of winning door prizes. many times you need to be present to win and vendors always wait till the end.
2. Pick specific categories of vendors you want to meet with. Don't be overwhelmed by trying to tackle everything on your wedding to-do list. Towns typically have 1-3 shows a season that you can attend and with an average 9-12 months to plan your wedding you will have two seasons of shows within your engagement.
3. Take time to actually talk to the vendors you picked out to book. Talk pricing, availability and special things about their services and business. This will save you consultation time later, if you don't like them at the show, chances are it's not a good fit. Why waste their time and yours by just saying hi and booking a consult. Get the hellos, nice to meet you and first impressions out of the way at the show.
9. Have you budget in mind before you go. This will stop you from get carried away with vendors that our out of your budget and add-on things you see but don't really need. You will be to keep your eye out for specific deals in areas you are personally looking to save on.
4. Bring labels with the your contact information. Yes, be that girl! You will thank me later, there's no need to skip the chance at winning something just because you're tired of writing you info. Be sure to include your name, wedding date, email and phone. Skip the mailing address, vendors don't need it.
5. Bring a bag, but not your entire purse. Just like any tradeshow or market type event, there are crowds and loads of things you end of carrying. Inevitably the vendor with the free bag will be in the far back corner of the show, so bring something allow for all those samples, business cards and postcards. Stay away from you entire purse so you have easy access to what you need and you give your shoulder a break.
6. Bring only a friend or two. This is not the time for a entourage. Again it's crowded and everyone is doing the exact same thing. You don't want to go at it alone but don't bring the friend that wonders - bring the one that is eager to grab vendor info and stay by your side.
7. Come with an appetite but not starving. Depending on the show you'll be able to sample food from multiple vendors, keep in mind it's just a sample and you are going but don't expect a full meal.
8. Bring cash for the snack bar or vending machines for water. Something to drink will probably be the only thing you would need, many shows have a convenient are to snag a bottle.
10. Enjoy it, at the same time don't set your expectation too high. Every show is different - different layout, different list of vendors and different crowds. Depending on the day it will be wonderful or just alright.
The Guest Quest | 7 Tips for Simplifying Your Wedding Guest List | Wedding Advice
Alright Brides, it's time to snag some great deals for your upcoming BIG DAY!!! We have had Brides save $1,000++, yes $1,000++ by taking advantage of Black Friday. So after the baking is done, a wonderful turkey dinner has been enjoyed and your relaxing with family take a look at these deals.
Wedding Guests! We have deals for you to, so browse below!
WEDDING PAPER DIVAS | Wedding Invitations Suites galore! Save 25% off on EVERYTHING SITEWIDE, click below!
Tiny Prints | Have you sent a your Save the Date? Or your Holiday Cards? Take a look at Tiny Prints and receive 30% SITEWIDE right now!
Black Friday HAS STARTED at Stella & Dot! Head over there now to receive an additional 25% off all sale items now through 11/30. You can save big on lots of Gifts for Her - necklaces, earrings, rings and other beautiful accessories. And to make things even better, right now they are having their DOT DOLLARS SALE! For every $50 you purchase, you will get $25 back to spend later. So what are you waiting for?
Looking for unique decor and glam or glitter for your wedding? Browse through the Lunz Bazaar collection and receive great deals with the special offers below!
Last but by no means least...Rent the Runway! We have exclusive deals for you on Black Friday AND Cyber Monday, click the banner below on those days to save! Don't think just wedding - this is the perfect time to snag your look for NYE and holiday celebrations!affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
A very special wedding is featured in the latest issue of The Knot magazine | Missouri & Kansas! In the Fall issue The Knot selected 13 Weddings they loved in these Midwest States. Take a look at the two page spread and more images in the wedding gallery!
Get your copy of the Fall issue today to see spreads of all 13 weddings. they are all beautiful!